There’s not long until the entries deadline for individuals, organisations and initiatives to enter the acclaimed Springboard Awards for Excellence 2016.
The 2016 Awards are in search of entries from the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry to celebrate the inspiring individuals and finest initiatives who have raised the sector’s profile. Last year’s winners included Eden Project, Premier Inn and Diageo.
Anne Pierce, Springboard’s CEO, said: “The Springboard Awards for Excellence distinguish the best endeavours and contributions to the industry in the last year. The Awards recognise the achievements of organisations and winning an award has a significant and positive impact on both businesses and employees alike.”
Closing date for entries is Friday 9th September 2016with the winners announced at a spectacular awards evening on Thursday 24th November 2016 at Novotel London West.
To enter, visit:
|CATEGORY 1 – PROMOTING CAREERS|
|The Springboard Ambassador's Award||Bestway|
|Best Regional Initiative Award||Bibendum|
|The Education & Industry Partnership Award||Service Line|
|CATEGORY 2 – ATTRACTING AND DEVELOPING PEOPLE|
|Best Work Experience Provider Award||James Hallam|
|Best use of Digital Media Award||DRP|
|Best Recruitment Initiative Award||Caterer.com|
|The Young People Award||American Express|
|Best Chef Development Strategy||Gram|
|The Best Housekeeping Development Strategy||Bonasystems|
|Best Management Development Strategy||-|
|Best Food and Beverage Strategy||Handpicked Hotels|
|CATEGORY 3 – BEST EMPLOYMENT PRACTICE|
|The Best Apprenticeship Strategy||Lifetime Training|
|Best Career Progression Award||-|
|The Retention Award||CH & Co. Group|
|The Community Engagement Award||Diageo|
|Best Employer Award||Learning Curve Group|
|Chris Beaumont Special Award||Bidvest Foodservice|
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
- Follow us on twitter: @visitscotnews
- VisitScotland is Scotland’s national tourism organisation. Its core purpose is to maximise the economic benefit of tourism to Scotland.
- The organisation’s core objective is to contribute to the Tourism 2020 Strategy ambition of growing tourism revenues by £1 billion by 2020.
- This will be supported by seven overarching strategies:
- Marketing: we will market Scotland and its outstanding assets to visitors from all parts of the world, including the promotion of Scotland to people living in Scotland to visit different parts of the country
- Events: we will support the national events strategy and its delivery, and sustain, develop and promote Scotland’s international profile as one of the world’s foremost events destinations
- Internationalisation and International Engagement: we will utilise all our platforms to enable Scottish-based tourism businesses to better understand international opportunities and market to a global audience and we will work within One Scotland Partnerships to optimise the potential of Scotland’s Diaspora and our strategic partners at regional, European and global levels
- Customer Experience: we will provide information and inspiration to visitors both locally and globally via their preferred medium of choice
- Quality and Sustainability: we will provide support and advice to businesses, with the goal of improving the quality and sustainability of the tourism sector in Scotland. We will provide quality assurance to visitors through our Quality Schemes
- Inclusive Tourism: we will strive to make tourism in Scotland inclusive and available to all
- Working in Partnership: we will listen to and work with the industry, partners and communities to shape our offering and support
- VisitScotland works together with tourism businesses to make tourism a success for everyone and ensure the industry continues to grow.
- The organisation employs 700 people and has offices and VisitScotland Information Centres across Scotland.
- Spending by tourists in Scotland generates around £12 billion of economic activity in the wider Scottish supply chain and contributes around £6 billion to Scottish GDP (in basic prices). This represents about 5% of total Scottish GDP.
- The Scottish Government is the Managing Authority for the European Structural Funds 2014-20 Programme. For further information visit www.gov.scot or follow @scotgovESIF
- For VisitScotland’s press releases go to http://www.visitscotland.org/media_centre.aspx, tourism statistics and frequently asked questions go to http://www.visitscotland.org/
- Where possible, a Gaelic speaker will be made available for broadcast interviews on request (Far an tèid iarraidh, agus far am bheil sin nar comas, bruidhinnidh neach le Gàidhlig aig agallamh)
- For holiday information on Scotland go to www.visitscotland.com
- For information about business events in Scotland go to www.conventionscotland.com
Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design 2016
- 2016 will shine a spotlight on Scotland’s achievements in innovation, architecture and design through a wide-ranging, variety of new and existing activity.
- The Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design begins on 1 January 2016 and ends on 31 December 2016 and will build on the momentum generated by the 2015 Year of Food and Drink as well as previous years including Homecoming Scotland 2014, the Year of Creative and the Year of Natural.
- Through a series of exciting events and activity, the year will showcase Scotland’s position as an “innovation nation”, its outstanding built heritage, and its thriving, internationally acclaimed creative industries sector.
- The Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design is a Scottish Government initiative being led by VisitScotland, and supported by a variety of partners including Scottish Government, Creative Scotland, Architecture + Design Scotland, Scottish Tourism Alliance, Scottish Enterprise, The National Trust for Scotland, Historic Environment Scotland, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and The Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS).
- The Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design events fund is managed by EventScotland, part of VisitScotland’s Events Directorate.
- Join the conversation at #IAD2016
- Events can join the 2016 Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design Partner Programme throughout the year by visiting http://www.eventscotland.org/YIAD_partner_programme